So, I’m running a campaign on Sunday nights and I wanted to seek some advice from you guys.
I just revealed a potential alien invasion in the works in the recent session. In response the player of our Outsider felt he should explain some things about the ‘Galactic Union’ – which is the major alliance of spacefaring races he had in mind when he made his character. Apparently:
– They encompass 99% of the spacefaring states in the galaxy.
– Consider all pre-spaceflight sentient species as under their protection.
– As such, the Ikkarans (my invading species) would have to wipe out humanity in such a way as to hide their involvement, or risk all out war with the Union.
– Since the Union encompasses 99% of the spacefaring peoples of the galaxy, all out war would therefore be disastrous for the Ikkarans.
So…basically, he’s saying he comes from this ‘perfect’ society that has no potential for meaningful conflict and any overt invasion plans by my bad guys are just fucked.
For context, I’ll explain a bit about the arc I had in mind. I had two arcs linked to this. The main villain, Vanguard, is a former (Doomed) superhero who has been brainwashed by the alien biotech he had become bonded to and turned against his former team, the Amazing Eight. In the resulting battle he was subdued and sent to the Spike, but not before he killed two of his former teammates and another burnt out his powers, leading to the disbandment of the team.
After a recent prison break from the Spike, Vanguard is once again at large. He is now pursuing two plans:
1) Attempting to contact the Ikkaran homeworld and coordinate plans to create a hyperspace portal for the invasion force to arrive on Earth through.
2) What little remains of his old human self seeks revenge on his former teammates, and seeks to eliminate them before the invasion.
So…what do I do with this?